Last Updated on January 6, 2023
Don’t want 10% of your productivity at work to go down the drain? Don’t want to walk around all day with a frown?
Then listen to the right words and be mindful of your mood as soon as you wake up. That way, you can get a handle on what’s about to happen. Studies show your morning mood plays a significant role in how the rest of your day turns out.
So why not start your day right by checking out some positive sayings?
In this post, let’s go over 45 of them!
What are some positive sayings, and what can they do?
Positive sayings are like positive energy. If you gear up with positive energy, you can expect a positive mindset throughout the day.
And if you make it a habit, you’ll lean towards the good side of life. Opportunities, strengths, and silver linings are in your line of sight.
As Jim Rohn, an American entrepreneur, quotes it: “Either you run the day. Or the day runs you.”
Here’s a look at what else these positive sayings can do:
- Uplift someone – Are they experiencing heartbreak, grief, or illnesses? You can use the sayings to cheer up loved ones.
- Motivate for success – They’re motivational and inspirational tools. They can fuel people to achieve their dreams in life.
- Share wisdom – They can help you make the most of what you want to share. You can align their lessons with insightful stories.
What are some positive sayings? 45 quotes about positivity
Successful people from different walks of life are inspirational and motivational. And these people chipped in to share quotes and words of wisdom about positivity.
Here are 45 of them:
From negativity into positivity
- “When you go through a negative situation, don’t think about it. Make it positive.” – Yoko Ono
- “Anything negative that happens to you in life can be positive. You can draw on your experiences. It’s far better than any research.” – Kierston Wareing
- “I have to think of the positive. That’s how I cope.” – Ingrid Newkirk
- “Being positive is like going up a mountain. Being negative is like sliding down a hill. A lot of times, people want to take the easy way out. It’s basically what they’ve understood throughout their lives.” – Chuck D
- “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” – Willie Nelson
- “You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.” – Joyce Meyer
- “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
- “I’m a very positive thinker. And I think that helps me the most in difficult moments.” – Roger Federer
- “I try to make the good days great and take something positive from the days I’m not feeling good. I work on technique or something like that.” – Katie Ledecky
- “Live your days on the positive side of life, in tune with your most treasured values. And in each moment you’ll have much to live for.” – Ralph Marston
How positivity triggers change
- “It’s amazing. Life changes quickly, and in a positive way.” – Lindsey Vonn
- “Nothing happens to you. It happens for you.” – Joel Osteen
- “Instead of hating, I spend all of my positive energy on changing the world.” – Camryn Manheim
- “Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations before the event.” – Brian Tracy
- “A positive attitude is something everyone can work on, and everyone can learn how to employ it.” – Joan Lunden
- “A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst, and it sparks extraordinary results.” – Wade Boggs
- “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill
- “Positive energy knows no boundaries. If everyone were to spread positive energy on the Internet, the world would be a much better place.” – Lu Wei
- “Pessimism leads to weakness, optimism to power.” – William James
- “If you are positive, you’ll see opportunities instead of obstacles.” – Widad Akraw
- “Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.” – Colin Powell
- “Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will draw themselves to you.” – Mary Lou Retton
How to be positive
- “I had to develop the mentality and stay positive about making my comeback.” – Alonzo Mourning
- “Positive culture comes from being mindful, and respecting your coworkers, and being empathetic.” – Biz Stone
- “When you come off something disappointing, you want to come back and kind of regroup. Remind yourself to get involved in something positive right away.” – Andy Roddick
- “I’ve always been able to transform happiness and pain and sorrow and tears into positive energy.” – Thalia
- “Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people.” – Tena Desae
- “You can’t make positive choices for the rest of your life without an environment that makes those choices natural and enjoyable.” – Deepak Chopra
- “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” – Helen Keller
Living in the moment
- “Don’t worry about failures. Worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Jack Canfield
- “I always like to look on the optimistic side of life.” – Walt Disney
- “Be positive for every idea surrounding your dreams. Think about the possibility of what you plan to do and approach it with an optimistic action. Stay positively.” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success.” – Shiv Khera
- “You are the sum of everything you’ve ever seen, heard, eaten, smelled, been told, forgot – it’s all there. Everything influences each of us. And because of that, I make sure that my experiences are positive.” – Maya Angelou
- “It takes but one positive thought when given a chance to survive and thrive. And it can overpower an entire army of negative thoughts.” – Robert H. Schuller
- “Natural ability is important, but you can go far without it if you have the focus, drive, desire and positive attitude.” – Kirsten Sweetland
- “It’s a wonderful thing to be optimistic. It keeps you healthy, and it keeps you resilient.” – Daniel Kahneman
- “Every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact.” – Les Brown
- “Positive thinking is more than just a tagline. It changes the way we behave. And I firmly believe that when I am positive, it not only makes me better. It also makes those around me better.” – Harvey Mackay
- “You need to manage stress because hard times will come, and a positive outlook gets you through.” – Marie Osmond
- “Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.” – Zig Ziglar
- “If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges.” – Pat Riley
- “People have to remain positive and believe in those dreams. It’s important.” – Kirsty Coventry
- “To carry a positive action, we must develop here a positive vision.” – Dalai Lama
- “I have a very positive philosophy of life, because I don’t feel I have anything to lose. Most things will turn out okay.” – Hal Ashby
Look at positivity as a thinking skill. It can inspire and motivate you to achieve good things and move forward in a positive direction.
So why not surround yourself with positive vibes?
If you polish this thinking skill, there’s no doubt that anything you want can happen. Just make sure to team it up with hard work and perseverance.
The more you polish your positivity, the better you get at it. And the better you get at it, the more benefits you get to reap.
She freelances as a web content writer from home. And she lives with the prettiest dog in the world.